Thursday, October 30, 2014

Can I get a giant Swoon

IMG_0785

This fabric…Spooktacular by Blend, needed a pattern that allowed the large prints to shine.  This large swwon block was perfect to show off the fabric designs.

IMG_0782IMG_0783

I had a set of 6 fat quarters, all fairly large prints that were just too nice to cut up into small pieces. I really liked the potion bottles so I left that the largest and used it for the centre block. The grey and orange look great together. It finishes at 40 X 40.

IMG_0781

Armed with 1 fat quarter and a few scraps leftover from the Swoon Tabletopper I was determined to make good use of the pieces.

IMG_0778

I managed to squeeze out a table runner set on point. I even used the leftover strips I had to piece my backing.  I love the black cats with their arched backs….hard to believe I didn’t have a Halloween runner in my repertoire…perfect timing!

IMG_0779IMG_0776

IMG_0780_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment