Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cheater pies

SAM_9986

Ok, sometimes I get so busy and overwhelmed I have to cheat…not on my Dear Hubby, who has time for that, but with my baking.

I buy these premade 4” pastry shells from a local bakery, they come frozen in a pack of 24. I also buy a pack of regular size frozen pie shells…I let all the pie shells thaw before I’m  ready to bake…I fill the 4” shells with a canned pie shell filling, roll out the larger pie shell and cut out circles that fit the top of the minis. I cut out a little heart with a mini  heart cookie cutter, then place the circle rounds on top, brush with an egg wash and sprinkle the top with castor sugar. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and pass them off like I slaved all day in the kitchen, plus they look super cute!

SAM_9987SAM_9988

No comments:

Post a Comment