Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda

SAM_9290SAM_9291

Hindsight is always 20-20…..I’m looking at this quilt for my future son-in-law and not really loving it, but it is complete(not quilted yet) but done. Dear Eldest Daughter had wanted me to make a quilt for her hubby to be for Christmas as he is a huge tractor enthusiast. Has a tractor, farms, just loves the things.

I had bought the fabric in the summer, a nice fabric with large vintage tractors which I thought would be great cut out for the centre of a block. I matched up the tractor colors with co-coordinating fabric and thought it would work well……not so much. In hindsight I should have bordered each centre square in neutrals instead as the quilt turned out rather loud.

SAM_9297

However, they are looking at a neutral sofa for the man cave so hopefully the quilt will accent the room instead. Sometimes you have quilts that work out well, turn out perfectly….sometimes they are woulda, shoulda, coulda quilts. I’m hoping that when it’s long armed it will look a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment