Monday, December 2, 2013

Let me count the ways

SAM_9343SAM_9344SAM_9345

While I was in Cayman with my brother and sister-in–law I taught her how to quilt. I had brought everything she needed with me, stuffed in my suitcase except the sewing machine which Dear Uncle has at his residence. It was wonderful to get my fix while I was away.  Prior to coming I had called my  Dear SIL and asked what she might want to work on. I told her I would dig into my stash and she could pick whatever she wanted. I said you can pick “Baby, Halloween, Christmas, Batik…you name it I probably have it”. She opted for Christmas and I did have a few options stashed away. We went with a log cabin in Christmas colors and the quilt in a day method. For her first quilt ever, she did amazing. The only dilemma……what layout?

SAM_9347SAM_9348SAM_9346

She ended up choosing Arrow…..we are just learning how to put the borders on properly and it will be complete, just in time for the Christmas season!

SAM_9352

Awesome job Dear SIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment