Tuesday, November 5, 2013

This stuff is amazing!

For the longest time I’ve been substituting spaghetti squash for pasta, not totally loving it but still substituting. I always found the spaghetti squash a little watery and a bit tasteless no matter how I cooked it.
Recently I bought zucchini, both green and yellow and with my julienne vegetable peeler, shred the zucchini into pasta like strands.
SAM_7514SAM_7515
Adding a little olive oil to a fry pan, I sautéed the zucchini until tender. Then heaped it all in a dish, topped it with a couple of Dear Hubby’s finest meatballs, lathered it with pasta sauce and parmesan and ate the whole dang thing!
SAM_7516
It was delicious, and so much better tasting than spaghetti squash, plus the texture was a lot more like pasta as well.  What a great alternative to pasta and so much healthier too.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine had given me spaghetti squash and I cut it in half and baked it in the oven. Then I added butter and parmesan to it and it was good. Not watery at all. Your zucchini sounds great!

    ReplyDelete