Sunday, November 17, 2013

Please Prepare for Take-off

SAM_8956

I’m on my way, totally prepared for take-off, to the Cayman Islands for 2 weeks of glorious sunshine, barrels of sangria, unlimited hours of peace and quiet to read and veg and maybe just a small bit of quilting and embroidery.  Michelle at the store introduced me to Stuart McLean’s books….Vinyl cafe. I’m taking four in the hopes I can belly laugh the sangria intake calories off, one book at a time.

SAM_9080

I’ve packed up the fabric for my sister in law to try her hand at quilting. Dear Great Uncle , where we stay, has a sewing machine..BONUS…

I’m hoping to teach her the Quilt in a day log cabin method. I’m also taking Dear Eldest daughter’s better half to be’s tractor quilt, in the hopes I can get that completed before Christmas. 

SAM_9082

And I always take a few staples to get us through  the two weeks, even though Caymans has a great selection of necessities. Tim Horton's, pantone, Christmas cake, honey, italian seasoning and card sleeves for Uncle’s batik cards. These are the things that are really expensive in Cayman or that you can’t actually get there.

I have no doubt that I can cram it all into one suitcase….I’ll just have to go naked the whole two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment