Friday, September 13, 2013

Spaghetti Chicken Improvised

SAM_7481

I just love the Pioneer Woman ‘s blog and I really love her new food show on TV and have been taping them religiously. She had a wonderful recipe for Baked Chicken Spaghetti ….which sounded delicious, but I now my kids, specifically my boys, and I know that onions, green peppers, pimentos and mushroom are not in their vocabulary palates.

So I improvised to make the recipe fit for my family. Her original recipe is here if you would like  to try hers….

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Here is mine…..

  • 2 cups shredded chicken from a store bought roasted chicken
  • 1-16oz. package of angel hair spaghetti broken in half
  • 2 cans Cream Of Chicken Soup
  • 1 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
  • 1 whole sweet red pepper diced
  • 1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
  • 1.5  cups water
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions

Cook your pasta till al dente, then drain. Toss everything in a bowl but  the last cup of cheese which you use to top the casserole. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, dump your mixture in and spread flat, top with your extra cup of grated cheese. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes at 350.

SAM_7482SAM_7485

Mmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmm….

It was great, and I know this as my husband had a second helping and most times when I try something new he says “Don’t make that again”…..the boys were complimenting as well, so this ones a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment