Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Itty Bitties

SAM_7330

I typically save all the cut offs from 1/2 square triangles that I make. Iprefer to make 1/2 square triangles using no waste methods, however occasionally there are patterns that have you make the cut off edges kind. The pattern Poinsettia  (below)  that I am working on was such a pattern so I had tons of these little guys.

Now some people would say why bother with all those little itty bitties, but it doesn’t take much to utilize them. When you cut them off your original piece they are already right sides together and still lined up (I just keep them stacked neatly in a little pile) so it’s really easy  to just machine chain them then square them up using Quilt in a Day’s 1/2 square triangle ruler.

There are tons of patterns to utilize 1/2 square triangles and I find they make the cutest mini quilts to enjoy. Besides…waste not want not!

SAM_7363

No comments:

Post a Comment