Thursday, September 12, 2013

Are you sure that’s not navy?

SAM_7448SAM_7449

This is Dear Eldest Sister’s 2nd quilt choice. This is how it started….

Are you sure that quilt’s not navy, it looks like navy…

No Joanne, it’s black and it’s damaged so I don’t want to give it to you.

I don’t see anything wrong with it.  What’s wrong with it, open it up so I can see

I made the mistake of keeping it folded in the front room in the TV cabinet and the sun damaged a strip that was exposed to the light. There is a little piece where the black fabric has faded. See right here.

Oh I don’t even see that, and besides that part will hang over the edge of the bed and you’ll never notice it. I love it, it will go really well in the spare room.

Ok you can have it.

I had made the quilt probably about 8-9 years ago I think and it was a graduated fabric quilt pattern, where you started with 5 fabrics all in the same sort of color family and the prints and the intensity of color were suppose to progress as you worked your way across the blocks.

It was one of my favourite things back then, but you know, your tastes change and I wasn’t as partial to it now as I was back then….so she took it and loves it and it has gone to a good home and will be cherished and loved…what more can you ask of your quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment