Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Here today, Gone tomorrow

SAM_6373

My Lone Star quilt is back after getting framed and I absolutely love it. It turned out even better than I thought. I was so proud of it, I brought it out and showed my brother and his wife when they visited for dinner.

They oh’d and aw’d and seemed to really like it as well. I asked if they wanted it as they seemed really taken by it. I do love to give my work away to people who can appreciate the work and beauty of quilting.

Of course they said no and part of me thought…oh they must just be being nice by saying they liked it.

Up it went, back on the shelf in our bedroom…..actually with great relief as I really really love this piece.

Then the next day I got a call from my brother…he says….”MaryLynn and I really liked the Star Framed Quilt you showed us and we were wondering if we could buy it.”

Sooooooo….Here today, gone tomorrow.

  I would never think of selling it to my brother, I would much rather gift it. He kept insisting, and I finally said…”look your wedding anniversary is coming up in July, how be I wrap it up and give it to you for your anniversary. I would love for you to have it.  If you ever tire of it though…can you make sure you give it back.” He agreed.

Don’t think that’s gonna happen, but I can hope…..

I just need to enjoy it for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment