Sunday, March 3, 2013

Into the Reeds

SAM_5931SAM_5933

Finally had the opportunity to get this quilt onto the machine and get it quilted. The original pattern called for a couple of borders with the idea that it would be a small wall quilt to hang. Since I have tons of hanging wall quilts I wanted an alternative for this one and opted to frame it. Even with framing , the quilt still needs to be quilted.  I typically don’t do much custom quilting as I’m just not that comfortable with it, but overall I’m pleased with the results. The reeds were the most fun to quilt as you can just go wild with the threads and quilting.

SAM_5934SAM_5935

I will stretch the quilt onto a stretcher bar frame then take it to be framed. Should be back and to Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. in time to teach the class.

SAM_5938

No comments:

Post a Comment