Sunday, March 31, 2013

I’m one scary chick

SAM_6301SAM_6302SAM_6303

I love baking for special occasions, however best intentions do not always work out as planned. These little chicks are for Easter, however it looks more like we’re celebrating Pirate Week cause these are really scary looking chicks. They look more like creepy eyed parrots.  That was direct quote from my daughter…no creepy parrot cookies for her!

SAM_6306SAM_6307SAM_6309

It did get better with these little bunnies, they turned out better and really do resemble bunnies. The grandsons will like these ones.

SAM_6311SAM_6312

You can see I was on a rabbit kick and got carried away with these small white furry things. Hey…it’s all about the kids!

SAM_6313SAM_6315

Then I went on to try my hand at Linzer cookies…with Easter themed cut-outs…these are more my style and taste…almond dough with delicious strawberry jam oozing from every crevice…yum.

SAM_6317SAM_6318

Plus they look great on display.

And for the finale……….the piece de resistance.

SAM_6319SAM_6321

Carrot cake with cream cheese icing….and Peeps!   num num…now I drag my exhausted _ _ _ to bed.   Maybe I did too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment