Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me

SAM_5125

A little birdie told me that I needed to get my rear in gear and get this quilt done. This is Little Miss Shabby’s free BOM called Birdie Stitches that I have been working on for what seems forever. I love Block of the Months, however if you don’t keep up, then can suddenly overwhelm you, when you have 2,3,4 or more blocks to catch up on…which was the case with myself.

SAM_5139

My New Year’s resolution was to finish up my UFO’s which I have been working on diligently….and now here is another one that I have completed. Little Miss Shabby offered this BOM as an embroidery block, however, while I love the look of embroidery, I’m no good at it. I loved her design so opted to take the pattern and modify it to applique. I also added a bit of machine embroidery into the mix as well.

SAM_5146

Here are blocks January, February and March complete…more calendar months to show off tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job changing this into appliqué! I am just taking off an outer border I didn't like and hope to put on the new border tomorrow. Then I can LA quilt it.

    ReplyDelete