Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When there’s a will there’s a way

SAM_4632
I’m was in Grand Cayman on vacation at the beginning of the month and had taken some quilting to do while I was visiting. I had packed all the fabric and book to make a Quilt in a Day Log Cabin Quilt. I had all the strips cut and packed, the book, my seam ripper, thread, pins and scissors. I started to put the quilt together, was ready to cut the first strip into sections when I realized that I had not brought my cutting mat, rotary cutter and ruler. )Star(*&*^(*^))(&. What is a girl to do…..improvise of course. I visited the local hardware store, picked up a utility knife, dug out the plastic cutting board from the kitchen along with a T-square my uncle had at the house and I was in business. Actually…and surprisingly enough, it really worked well. I managed to cut my strips into 2.5 inch squares.  When there’s a will there is always a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment