Saturday, July 7, 2012

Destination Oregon–Day 4

Da-da-da-da…I told you I would  get to a quilt store today!

We travelled through Wisconsin, Minnesota and have hit the  hay(literally) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Farmland as far as the eye can see as well as wind turbines everywhere.

We stopped at a little village called Sparta with a lovely store called The Quilt Corner. I saw several patterns that I wished to buy, however the area had just had their local shop hop and 2 of the 3 patterns I wanted were sold out.  They did have a great July sale on fat quarters…20 for $30.  Can you really ever have too many fat quarters? That’s what I said so I picked out 20.  The heat continues and hit the 40 degree mark again today. They say that there should be relief tomorrow from the high temps. We are starting the leg of our journey where there are a lot of tourist spots to visit. The visits would be much more pleasant with lower temps.

We have an option on our GPS for Strange and Curious tourist attractions to visit.  We visited the World’s Largest Six Pack in Lacrosse, Wisconsin.

 

SAM_2110

SAM_2114SAM_2112

SAM_2117

No comments:

Post a Comment