Friday, July 6, 2012

Destination Oregon- Day 3

 

More mileage today as we made our way across country.  SAM_2097       

SAM_2102

SAM_2103SAM_2100SAM_2105

 

We travelled through Illinois, stopped and visited in Chicago. Saw the Sears Tower. It was very hot, again, however  Lake Michigan provided a little relief. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory where I sampled gorged myself on the most delicious Key Lime Cheesecake. To die for. As we headed to Wisconsin late in the day the temperature rose to an incredible 40 degrees. It had been amazingly hot first thing in the morning as well. As we were sitting having our coffee, I felt like the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of OZ….”I’m melting, I’m melting”.

You might ask why no quilt shop visits yet…well…dear hubby has been driving non stop, it’s hot as _ _ _ _ and quite frankly I didn’t want to start pissing him off before we got half way across country to the Sister’s Quilt Show, then it would be to late to turn back. I’m gonna start aggravating him today for sure.

It was far too hot to stay in our tent last night, so once again, KOA cabins with air came to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment