Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kitchen Upgrade

I had had a lovely quilt up in the kitchen for quite some time. Sometimes you've just got to change things up. You know, a change is as good as a rest. I finally finished this quilt that I had picked up in LasVegas a few years back and thought that it would be a nice new addition to the kitchen. It took me quite a while to make all the stars and churn dashes and the outside border, but it was well worth it. The pattern is called Vintage Homestead by Whimsicals. I purchased it at the Christmas Goose during a 15 minute shopping frenzy while my dear hubby waited impatiently in the car. When we do these trips, he does let me visit the local shops, however I know that I have limited time to shop, so it's almost like a smash and grab. I just whiz through the store, piling whatever I can in the basket before the bastard comes in buzzer goes off. Just kidding. NOT.   I bought this whole kit, not including the backing for $60, and with the leftover fabric, got a lovely little table topper out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment