Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberries in season

I have such fun making pincushions and I have such fun giving them away as well. This little strawberry pattern has been featured on a number of quilting blogs as well as Martha Stewart Crafts. I finally got around to making it. I did learn a cool trick for stuffing it... our local pet store carries ground walnut shells for birds(kind of like kitty litter for winged things), and it makes wonderful stuffing for pincushions as well as keeping your pins sharp. This little gem was a giveaway at my mystery class and Donna won it.

2 comments:

  1. Darling pin cushion! I use the crushed walnut shells with just a little added dry lavender for a nice scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Leslie, it is indeed a beautiful pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete