Friday, November 12, 2010

It's not a mystery to me

A new season of mystery club begins at Kindred Spirit Quilt Co. This is the fourth year I'm teaching this monthly quilt club. It's a mystery quilt offered by Border Creek Station and the quilt is called Quilter's Journey. Students have a choice of "travel by day" or travel by night"color option. I chose the travel by night version. Students do not know what the quilt will look like and they come each month to get their clue sheet instructing them what to cut and sew. Each month the mystery unfolds and they get closer to the reveal. I decided to make mine as a Christmas quilt this year as I don't have one for my bed and I thought it would be rather nice to indulge myself for a change. The fabric line is Makin' new Friends by Deb Strain for Moda. It's gonna be a beauty and of course because I'm teaching it, it's not a mystery to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment