Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NYC trip...only in New York

When we visited Little Italy in NYC we found that they were celebrating the Feast of San Gennaro. Mulberry Street was blocked off with the festival and vendors had shops, booths and restaurants set up. You could taste just about anything Italian. How much more Italian could you get than fried oreos??.....they coat the oreo cookie in batter and deep fry it, then dust it in powdered sugar...major low cal. But it was to die for...it was so good. Here the picture of the lovely little Italian lady making mine up fresh. They were only $1.00 each, so a bargain as well. I did the math when we got home...you can buy a package of oreos for $2.99 and you get about 30 in a package, that averages about 10 cents a cookie...it was $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00, but my hubby put his swelled foot down and wouldn't let me get the half dozen! I have a deep fryer, I think I'll try them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment