Thursday, October 28, 2010

Haunted House for Sale...inquire within

This is the centerpiece cake I made for my grandson Ayden's first birthday. It was a Halloween themed party so a haunted house cake was the perfect choice. I had such fun making it and it looked adorable. You make the spooky trees by melting chocolate in a zip lock bag and then squeeze out your tree pattern onto parchment paper. The cupcakes are trimmed in chocolate sprinkles, the windows are made from rolled out tootsie rolls and the windows shutters, door and gravestone are from Oreo cookies cut in half. The turrets are chocolate wafer ice cream cones with malt chocolate balls stuck on top and I was able to pick up candy bone sprinkles at Michael's. The creature eyes are made from royal icing.

1 comment:

  1. Woww, that is just amazing. I bet the kids all loved it.

    ReplyDelete